A global network of local creatives is what makes Culture Trip different. We love working with local talent, passionate about sharing what’s special and unique about the place they call home. Our audience of 20 million unique visitors come to Culture Trip for the insider knowledge and inspiration that only a local can provide.
We’re looking for experienced freelance writers to create travel and culture stories in a variety of formats, including features, lists and interviews, with a focus on Amsterdam.
- In-depth knowledge of Amsterdam, from local cultures to customs and the latest trends
- Creative and full of great ideas for distinctive and engaging stories
- Strong reporting skills – you should be well-versed in the journalistic principles of reporting
- Bylines in nationally and/or internationally renowned English-language publications
- Tech aptitude and experience with a CMS, preferably WordPress
- Strong research and communication skills with an interest in and sensitivity to cultural nuances
Some practical points
- We’ll offer varied commissions, based on your experience and expertise, and we welcome your pitches too. As part of your assignments, you’ll sometimes be asked to source appealing visual assets to accompany and illustrate your copy.
- You will be publishing on our content management system, enhancing your story with location data, attributes and tags
If you have a passion for your craft, a commitment to quality, and are interested in joining a creative community of writers, editors, filmmakers, photographers and illustrators, then we’d love to hear from you.
If this role doesn’t suit you, you can fill in this form to tell us more about you, your experience and your ideas. Our editorial team will get back to you if any suitable opportunities arise. Otherwise, apply below.
Applicants must attach examples of published work with their application.
Culture Trip is committed to equality of opportunity for all. We strongly believe that diversity of backgrounds, ethnicities, experience, circumstances, abilities and perspectives leads to a better workplace for our employees and a better product for our users.
- Marketing en reclame
- Online media
- Public relations